It's 2019 folks! Happy new year! 🥂🍾 My 2019 resolution is to switch to freelancing, mostly home-office.
I'm only 25 and I've joined and left 10 different companies already. I think it says as much about me as it says about the state of IT positions in France.
Right after high-school my main objective was to try as many things as possible and narrow it down from there. I was able to narrow down my field, Mobile and other frontend technologies were more my thing, but I couldn't find the job parameters for me : managers, projects, pay, location... I even tried to create my own company 2 years ago, it failed again because of french co-founders = bad (co)managers and bad pay ...
Tired of only complaining, and surely annoying my surrounding with it, I decided to take action.
I took some time off during the last 6 months to think about what was bothering me deeply, clean it up of all the anger and feelings and analyse what was really going wrong. Here it is :
- Why remote freelancer ? #1 Commuting
- Why remote freelancer ? #2 Difference between paid hours and worked hours
- Why remote freelancer ? #3 Choosing the middleman
- Why remote freelancer ? #4 Ability to say "no"
TL;DR : Goals
- Commuting smarter, only when really necessary
- 1h worked = 1h paid
- Choosing my middlemen better
- Never promise to get tasks done but agree to work on tasks